Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mothers Day to Me!!


Hyrum's gift to me----sleeping in until 7:30 instead of 6:30. Absolutely wonderful...Thanks Hy.

Kait's gift to me----running into Dad at 6:20 a.m. and "QUIETLY", that is in caps to show that her whispering wasn't really that quiet, to Dad, who went to bed at 3:00 a.m., that it was time to make mom breakfast. I got to stay snuggled in bed dozing in and out of sleep while listening to them cook in the kitchen. Then Kait brought me the balloon that she had chosen out. She was soooo excited to give it to me because it said, Happy Mothers Day "with love". She just loved that it said "with love" and just knew that anyone who saw it would feel just a little bit of joy and happiness go right to their heart. She wasn't sure exactly how it would make bad guys feel if they saw it but she knew everyone else would just be so joyful.
This has been my first Mother's day with a child old enough to understand and it has been really fun for me. We'll see how her vow of absolute obedience and help goes the rest of the day.

Happy Mothers Day to you Mom. I am daily amazed at how you managed 11 children sooo well. You did a pretty good job with most of us and an exceptional job with me. ;). I love you sooo much and hope that some joy goes right to your heart as you read this blog and see the balloon that your posterity chose out. We'll see you this evening, we love you!!

1 comment:

Techno Grandma said...

Thank you, Amy, with love!!